I am still working on getting this properly formatted for WordPress. this is a paste-job from Microsoft Word.
Summary of Qualifications
Experienced writer, editor, and proofreader for print and web with strong critical thinking and organizational skills and over two years experience writing for medical sales and general audience while employed by DOTmed and Always Your Choice. Writing has appeared in DOTmed Business News, Film Score Monthly, Video Watchdog, and The Baum Bugle. Wrote press releases for DOTmed and proofread them for Motéma Music. Deadline-conscious multitasking project manager.
Certificate in Web Page Design from New York City Department of Education 2011
Master of Arts in Cinema and Media Studies (GPA: 3.5 /4.0) 2005
The College of Staten Island/The City University of New York
Bachelor of Arts in English (Major GPA: 3.5/4.0) and Communication Studies (Major GPA: 3.0/4.0) 1999
Indiana University – Purdue University at Indianapolis
Certification Adobe Certification: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash CS3 2011
Areas of Strength/Expertise
Writing, editing, and proofreading, fiction, non-fiction, drama (stage, film, television), correspondence, research (Internet and library), cliché avoidance, fact checking, grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and overall presentation. Following the Modern Language Association Style Manual or Chicago Manual of Style, as directed. Linguistic and etymological abilities, literacy in French and Latin, and passing knowledge of other languages and writing systems.
Project management, diligent planner and catalyst for multiple projects at a time. Supervising lower-level employees. Completing projects within the deadline without sacrificing quality.
Administrative support, transcribing and audio correspondence, formatting documents, data entry, typing 60 wpm. Organizing, scheduling, delivering messages; liaison with corporate attorney.
Computer proficiencies: Movie Magic Screenwriter, Adobe Creative Suite 3 (CS3): Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, Fireworks, Flash; scanning, HTML, Final Cut Pro, Chyron, Quark Xpress, Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, FrontPage
Multimedia Specialist (freelance), R.L. Migdal Creative Multimedia, Bronx, NY Oct. 2012-Nov. 2012
Writing press releases and editing promotional videos for Bank Street Bookstore with Adobe Premiere
Research/Administrative Assistant, 69 Productions/Maruti Transit, Jacksonville, FL Oct. 2011-May 2012
Researching, writing, and editing dissertation material, Final Cut Pro editing, dispatch, phones, general office
Proofreader/Administrative Associate, Motéma Music, New York, NY July-Oct 2011
Proofread all press releases and album notes, edited promotional videos on Final Cut Pro, research, general office
Tutor, Champion Learning Center, New York, NY Dec 2010-June2011
Tutored grade 7-9 students in English and mathematics
Freelance Writer, Remilon, LLC, Mountain View, CA Sep 2010-Dec 2010
Wrote articles for Education-Portal.com
Adjunct Professor and Tutor–English Composition (ESL and Native), Boricua College, Bklyn, NY Sep2009-Feb 2010
Helped students with grammar, punctuation, and writing skills as a tutor; taught 1st semester composition
Screenwriter (freelance), Cold Grey Studio, Jamaica, NY July 2008-Feb2010
Draughted a screenplay based on an oral premise presented by the director
Medical Copywriter, Always Your Choice, New York, NY Feb 2008-Aug 2008
Created copy and MySpace pages on health topics intended for prospective patients
Columnist, Print and Web Magazine, DOTmed Business News, New York, NY Jan 2007- Feb 2008
“Old Into Gold” column for print magazine; articles, interviews, press releases for website, health news gathering
Proofreader (temporary) for Morgan Stanley, Jersey City, NJ June-July 2005
Checked for discrepancies in mailing list information and noted errors and inconsistencies
Scoring Supervisor, ETS, Princeton, NJ June 2003-Sep 2003
Scoring standardized exams and supervised up to six others doing the same.
Narration Writer (Documentary)/Segment Producer, WFYI/PBS, Indianapolis, IN Dec 2002-Feb 2003
Wrote, produced, and edited segment, “On the Trail of John Hunt Morgan” (see below)
Website Developer and Administrator, Kamillions official website, Harry S. Robins, San Francisco, CA 1998-2006
Independently developed fan site for cult film. Robins, the owner, made it official and had me expand it
† Documentary segment, “On the Trail of John Hunt Morgan”: http://www.wfyi.org/wvx/ai_1311.1.wvx First aired February 3, 2003
† Kamillions film site: http://tinyurl.com/25l7lb3
† Articles for Education-Portal.com (selected):
- “Become a Lyricist: Education and Career Roadmap”: http://tinyurl.com/24dksuz
- “Medical Residency Requirements: Information for Aspiring Doctors”: http://tinyurl.com/2fbtb78
- “Military History Career Options: Information and Requirements”: http://tinyurl.com/26qcgyk
- “Certified Public Health Inspector Certification Requirements”: http://tinyurl.com/292yla6
- “How to Become a Microsoft Certified Application Developer”: http://tinyurl.com/2bmt3uz
- “Educational Consultant: Career Information and Requirements”: http://tinyurl.com/2375o28
- “Facilities Maintenance Technician: Job Duties, Outlook and Requirements”: http://tinyurl.com/29uzytq
- “Construction Cost Estimator: Job Description and Requirements”: http://tinyurl.com/2cq5qbb
- “Arcade Game Technician: Job Description, Duties and Requirements”: http://tinyurl.com/2dhrayd
- “Become a Molecular Biologist: Education and Career Roadmap”: http://tinyurl.com/24uueob
- “Educational Media Specialist: Job Description and Requirements”: http://tinyurl.com/27hauha
- “Commercial Electrician: Job Description and Requirements”: http://tinyurl.com/39lm9xj
- “How to Become a High School Athletic Director”: http://tinyurl.com/26bfeve
† “Hepatitis B” (and others) for Always Your Choice: http://www.myspace.com/hepatitisbayc
† “Old Into Gold” columns for DOTmed Business News September 2007-February 2008
† “Skytron and CEC Collaborate on Helios Technology Management”: http://www.dotmed.com/news/story/5208/
† “Two Volunteers Feel Missing Arms”: http://www.dotmed.com/news/story/5163/
† “ReMedPar Appoints Latin American Sales Director”: http://www.dotmed.com/news/story/5071/
† “A Record 175 DOTmed Registered Users Exhibiting at RSNA 2007”: http://www.dotmed.com/news/story/5046/
† “UK Scientists Laud Proposed Four-Year Delay in Implementing the EU Physical Agents Directive”: http://www.dotmed.com/news/story/4966/
† “Surgeons Say Teo is Full of Himself”: http://www.dotmed.com/news/story/4099/
† “Hospital CEOs Anxious–Doctor and Nurse Numbers Low”: http://www.dotmed.com/news/story/3910/
† “A Revised and Expanded Oz Filmography” [edited by Marc Berezin] The Baum Bugle 48: 1 (Spring 2004), 11.
† “Who Says Obscure Video Is Dead?” Video Watchdog 106 (April 2004), 80.
† “Ease on Down the Groove,” Film Score Monthly 3: 6 (July 1998), 35.
† FilmScoreMonthly.com articles:
- Review, Pryde of the X-Men soundtrack album: http://filmscoremonthly.com/articles/2000/12_Oct—CD_Reviews_Shanghai_Noon_Pryde_of_the_XMen.asp)
- Review, The Brave Little Toaster score: http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/articles/2000/16_Mar—The_Brave_Little_Toaster.asp
- Review, The Fearless Vampire Killers score: http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/articles/1999/10_Nov—The_Fearless_Vampire_Killers.asp
- Review, Il rosso segno della follia score: http://fsm.rciwebhosting.net/articles/1999/02_Nov—Rosso_Segno_della_Follia.asp
In addition, I have authored a novel, five feature-length screenplays, and three feature-length stage plays.