Scott Andrew Hutchins for New York State Assembly District 74!
I just received notice from the Board of Elections that I will be on the ballot for the Green Party primary on September 18, for which I am running uncontested within the party, which essentially means I am going to be on the ballot for November.
Here is the Facebook page for my campaign:
https://www.facebook.com/ElectScottHutchins/ (which includes a map of the district)
The Twitter account is
I do not run either of these. They are run by the party.
Major campaign issues:
- Opposition to any and all corporate welfare used to create so-called “affordable housing,” such as the 421-A scam.
- State funding so that no one making under $50,000 has to spend more than a third of their income on housing.
- Reformation of police to protect and serve everyone, not just the wealthy. http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/true-history-origins-police-protecting-and-serving-masters-society
- Establishment of public banking in New York State.
- Opposition to all hydrofracking in New York State.
- Opposition to Citizens United. Corporations are not people, and money is not speech.
- Support of the unregulated homegrown marijuana act as a corollary to opposition of the drug war and the use of private prisons, such as Corrections Corporation of America.
- Support of Jill Stein’s plan to eliminate all student debt through quantitative easing.
- Oppose public funding of private, for-profit schools masquerading as public schools (charter schools).
- Support the Legal Aid Society’s proposal for criminal discovery reform, allowing defendants to see early in the process exactly what the prosecution has against them. “New York’s discovery rules systematically block innocent or over-charged defendants from meaningfully investigating the case; locating and using exculpatory evidence; and formulating a proper strategy of defense prior to the trial.”
I hope I have your vote if you live in district 74!